Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Setting the World on Fire


John the Baptist told us that Jesus would baptize us with the Holy Spirit & fire. I love that reality.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a powerful thing. He is the guarantee that we have eternal life. He is the one who seals us as God's children and guides us into all truth. However, when you think of fire...

Think about what California goes through every year. Wildfires that go on for days. Blazing a path of destruction that is hard to stop. In fact, those fires are even hard to slow down. They burn to hot - there is too much fuel to the flame - and they normally have to wait for them to burn out.

Read the words to Britt Nicole's new song:

Set My World on Fire - Britt Nicole

"I wanna set the world on fire
Until it`s burning bright for You
It`s everything that I desire
Can I be the one You use?

I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to

Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
There`s nothing I can not do
Nothing I cannot do

I wanna feed the hungry children
And reach across the farthest land
And tell the broken there is healing
And mercy in the Father`s hands

My hands my feet
My everything
My life, my love
Lord, use me

I wanna set the world on fire
I wanna set the world on fire, yeah
I`m gonna set the world on fire
Set the world on fire"

When you and I are set on fire by God we CAN set our world on fire. The difference between the fires you set when contrasted to the wildfires in California is that yours shouldn't be destructive! The fire you burn with is for life and transformation. Your is a fire that should burn hot and be hard to stop. Your fire should be hard to slow down and you should never burn out.

Get before the Lord today and ask Him to allow you to burn hot with the power and energy of the Holy Spirit. Then go out and set the world on fire!

1 comment:

Launch International said...

Good analogy with the fire in California...we are not destructive with ours. I liked the little pic you put in there too.