Thursday, May 28, 2009

Welcome Aboard!


It's been so busy since I returned from Alaska that I failed to mention that our church has a Youth Pastor.

Please give a warm welcome to Ernie (applause).

Ernie and his wife Erin have been members of Pioneer for a couple of years now. This picture was taken during our 1st Alaska trip and is a testimony to the growth we have seen in their lives. They are the parents of a beautiful baby girl.

When our church began looking for a youth pastor, we interviewed some individuals from our church body but did not sense God's direction for those we talked with. They were great people, godly people, but at that time we didn't believe God wanted us to go that route. We also interview some outside candidates ultimately choosing to bring one person before the church body. However, things didn't work out. This past spring I spoke with the leader of our search committee and asked him if he would like for me to be more involved with looking through resumes, etc. My thoughts were to pre-screen any and all that were looking for youth ministry positions. It was during a time of prayer that the Lord reminded me that He provides all things that the body needs. After that time of prayer I felt compelled to talk to Ernie about submitting a resume.

The rest...well, it's history. Ernie was confirmed through the search committee and brought before the church body as the selection for Youth Pastor. He was approved the Sunday before leaving for Alaska.

Ernie is driven, passionate, and solid in his biblical beliefs. He has a great heart for the youth of our community and nation. What I loved specifically about Ernie's approach to youth ministry was his desire to make disciples out of young people - to get them into the schools as a genuine witness for Christ.

I look forward to working with Ernie as long as the Lord allows. I believe that he will be a valuable asset to the ministry of PBC. It also allow Ron and myself to have that 3rd person in ministry here. (3 is the number of unity!)

May the Lord bless Ernie in this new ministry. May God use him to lead thousands of young people to a thriving relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments: