Friday, May 15, 2009

Thanksgiving Offering


There's a hymn we used to sing called "Count Your Many Blessing". Well, I don't know that I can count them all on here but I do want to give an offering of thanks to Jehovah.

Hayden turns 9 tomorrow. When I first came to Pioneer he was getting ready to turn one. My how time flies when you are having fun! I'm so thankful for both of my children.

I'm thankful that at PBC we have seen 11 people accept Christ and 15 who followed the Lord in baptism this year already (14 people over the past 5 weeks). Not only that, but since Resurrection Sunday we have had around 225 on average attend our Sunday Worship Service. **Pray that God gives us wisdom in how to handle the growth that we are experiencing.

As I mentioned briefly yesterday, Ron & Sarah had their baby girl on Wednesday. I'm so thankful for what God has done in their life. I'm glad that I obeyed the voice of the Lord when he began to prompt me to pray for Sarah to conceive. Their little girl is a child of promise!!! Praise His name! (For those of you who don't attend PBC, we have seen 5 babies born this year and have 2 more that I know of who are expecting).

I'm thankful for what God is doing in the membership of our church. We have seen much growth already this year and already have at least 2 more couples going through the membership class. 10 people have joined our church in 2009!

I'm thankful for "Bob and Sally Trailblazer" as Ron calls them who are serving in East Asia. These are members of the body who felt called to join God on mission to reach a lost world. They are such a blessing to us personally but also to the body of believers here at PBC. **Pray for their effectiveness in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm thankful to have the opportunity to serve on the Executive Board of the SBCV. This past week I was able to sit in on two church planter interviews. It is so awesome to hear about how God is moving in the hearts of people who feel called to plant churches here in the state of VA. **Let us pray for a church planting movement within our state, and while we are at it let us pray for the established churches in our state that they will experience a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

I'm thankful for a church family that understands the need to give to the community without expecting anything in return. On May 23rd we will be holding our annual Park Day event. I'm already looking forward to posting some pics from that one! Last year we saw God blow the lid off of our faith as we basically doubled in turnout by feeding 1200 people. I was talking with one of my neighbors (Wesley) yesterday and he was blown away this past Sunday as we shared what Park Day was all about and how God has used us to do this ministry. ***For those who don't know - we rent the recreation field in our community and put on a big block party with free food, entertainment, and moonwalk type attractions for the kids. Please pray for this year's event as we seek to share the Gospel with everyone who will give us an ear.

God is so Good (all the time)! Praise Him for His marvelous works. Praise Him for His provision. Praise Him for His salvation.

I'm also thankful for those of you who take the time to read PBC Voice. This blog has been a tremendous blessing to me and I hope that it is for you as well.

No comments: