Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Amy's Song


Johnathan David Helser has released another wonderful worship album. "Walk through the Walls" has some great music along with powerful lyrics. You also get to enjoy some spontaneous worship throughout.

I'm sharing the lyrics today of the last song on the CD called "Amy's Song." I'm referencing this song today because Jennifer called to let me know that her little cousin Emily had passed away last night after a lengthy battle with cancer. I truly believe that she would sing this song to her mom and dad.

Verse 1:
"I was awakened last night
To the sound of dancing fee above me
I thought they were on my roof
Till it struck me that they were on golden streets

"Opened my eyes and saw
What I thought was an angel dancing
She was a perfect child
She looked at me and smiled - and sang this song

Chorus:
"Mama can you hear me
Daddy can you feel me
I'm made whole
I'm at home
I'm dancing on streets of gold
Don't stop holding on

Bridge:
"This is Amy's Song
This is Amy's Song
From her streets of gold
She is singing you a song
Singing you a song
Don't stop holding on

Verse 3:
"Can you see her at His throne
With her hair of gold?
She is holding - holding on
To the threads of His robe
She is singing you a song
She is singing you a song
She is singing you a song of hope

"Hope is being born in you
Hope is being woven
Don't stop holding on."

You can listen to the song by copying and pasting this link in your browser: http://www.rhapsody.com/jonathan-david-helser/walk-through-the-walls

Hear those words: "Don't stop holding on." I can think of so many people that I know who have gone on to be with the Lord. I know that each of them would say, "Hold on. It's worth it!" Little Emily is now one of those who dance around His throne! She has joined the elders in lifting up the One who sits enthroned. There is no more sickness, no more death, no more pain. Her life was short on this earth but now her joy is made complete!

Pray for her family. Johnny and Melinda are no doubt crushed by her passing. May God provide the comfort that they need.

**Sorry that I didn't post the 2nd verse, however, I couldn't make out all the words. I was unable to find the lyrics to this song and had to listen to the CD to pass them to you. Verse 2 simply talked about her golden hair looking like it was woven from the very streets she danced upon and how she was dancing, laughing, smiling, and singing this song.

2 comments:

yesufreeko said...

Verse 2:

Her hair was golden
Like it was woven from the street
She danced with Father
She was laughing and spinning
She couldn't stop singing
This song...

Unknown said...

I hadn't heard this song before. Was just listening to JDH on Spotify. wow, what an anointed sonnet.

Bless you PBC

Keith