Tuesday, June 9, 2009

YIKES!


We are currently doing a little renovation in the kitchen & guest bathroom. Have you ever noticed how hard it is to be comfortable in your own home when part of it is off limits? It's difficult for everyone > Jenn wants her house clean, the kids want to be able to get into the fridge without help, and me...I miss the coffee pot. However, just a couple more days and we can all get back to normal(?).

As I was thinking about it this morning, and how eager everyone is to have the house put back together, something crossed my mind: What if we were so eager to set our houses in order SPIRITUALLY speaking?

Here are some examples:
- It's just a quiet time. I'll get back into it...
- So I missed a few Sundays. We haven't quit the church...
- I know I need to pray more. I'm working on that...
- Normally I would give 10%, but things have been tough. I'll start giving...
- I know I need to forgive them but I'm just not ready. Maybe I will...

Regardless of the circumstances, more often than not, we procrastinate when it comes to spiritually matters. If it were our physical house that was out of order we would be pushing for things to happen as quickly as possible. But for some reason we don't carry this urgency over to our spiritual houses.

When are we going to start having family devotions?
When are we going to pray about this?
When are we going to get this right?

Last night, I was laying in bed thinking about all of these things. Why do we drag our feet? I believe it's because we walk by sight rather than by faith. We live on emotions rather than in obedience. We are too quick to sin so that grace may abound!

I'm a firm believer that the second coming of Jesus is close. Everything that we want to accomplish in Kingdom work should be accomplished A.S.A.P. There is no need to delay! Paul told the church to redeem the time! Let us not walk in darkness anymore. Let us put on the full armor of God and get in the fight. It's time to stop stumbling over all the junk that is in the way. Let's get the house in order so that we can have peace, intimate fellowship with God, strength within our family, and joy once again.

The work that we are having done at the house has a deadline. They told us when they would be finished. When we will get our house in order? It doesn't happen by accident!

No comments: