Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Hope of Glory


Christ in me IS the hope of glory.

What an awesome truth!

John Phillips in his commentary on Colossians says, "Here we touch the very heart of the matter, the mystery of mysteries. The Lord Jesus not only incarnated Himself in human flesh, but He has chosen to take up residence in each of His own! Here is the very genius of Christianity - 'Christ in you!' Christianity is not a religion, it is not a code of laws or a set of creeds. It is Christ! A real living Person. One who came to this planet in space, who chose to live among us, who was willing to die for us, who is now ascended on high, and yet lives in us. He who once gave His life for us now abides in us to give His life to us. He who once died as me now lives in me. What an astounding truth!"

It is Christ IN me that makes the difference.

It is Christ IN me that gives the assurance of salvation.

It is Christ IN me that gives me peace in troubled times, strength in weakness, joy in difficulty, and gladness in sorrow.

To God be the glory - great things He has done!

No comments: