Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sometimes I like saying "I told you so"!

I'm not bragging...really...and even though I normally don't do this... "I told you so."

Did I not say that China would put on a show portraying to outsiders that Communism make a country better? Actually I did say that (check the archives). Most of you have probably heard the news coming out of the Olympics but the one that takes the cake is this one: (Sorry - no links - check Drudge Report Archives - I'm feeling lazy).

The little girl that was paraded out to sing the national anthem for China WAS NOT the little girl that actually sang the song. That's right - the original singer did not have the look that Chinese officials wanted on that type of stage. Imagine: a 8 or 9 year old girl (if that's her real age!) having buck teeth. I saw a picture of the real singer and she looks like a normal 8-9 year old.

My son is going through some of these similar changes. Most of us can remember the awkwardness of having our permanent teeth replacing baby teeth. All of us - at one time or another - had this same look. However, China doesn't want that image being portrayed to the world. Ridiculous!

Now we are hearing reports that one of the famed gymnasts may be underage! If it's true I have two things to say: WOW! & Shame on you! I say "wow" because I watched this young girl during the team event the other night and she was phenomenal. Of course I say "Shame on you" because it's a rules violation for anyone under the age of 16 to compete. And the stories will continue...

Just this morning on "Today" they were gushing about the Chinese economy and telling us how we need to do things the way the Chinese do & we need to learn their language. I must say that it was an accident that I even saw the "Today" show - simply put the only news I'm watching out of the Olympics comes through Sportscenter.

Continue to pray for China. The gospel of Jesus Christ needs to advance in that nation. Communism is a government deception that develops into a religion. Only the gospel can overcome the lies.

No comments: