Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Great to Be Home

I must say that it's good to be back in VA. The last 5 days have been very interesting but it's always wonderful to be home.

Most of you know that I was in New Hampshire on a Mission Trip. This was my very first construction trip. Needless to say, but construction trips are very different from evangelistic trips. The hardest thing for me was the mindset. Oh, there is still spiritual warfare, lost people to share with, and a God-sized task at hand; it just took me a while to get adjusted. I'm very grateful for the church members from PBC who went with us.

The Southern NH Rescue Mission is located in Nashua. It's one of several missions within the area. I was completely blown away by the poverty as well as the spiritual complacency. Let's just say that "Live Free or Die" is not a patriotic statement but a "deal with it" attitude about one's life. There is one thing that I took away from this trip that I want to share with you: The Power of the Gospel! It matters not if I'm in the New England states, deep in the South, or across the ocean; the Gospel is still the power of God unto salvation. It's the same message of Jesus Christ crucified and resurrected that changes lives. We cannot even come close to influencing a life for genuine change if we are not willing to give people the "Good News" of salvation.

I want to give a special thanks to David, Sam, Deanne, John, Anne, Roger, and Linda for their hospitality and genuine Christianity. Their faith is making a difference where they live and will continue to impact churches and the lost where they live. New Hampshire is truly a mission field - these lives are making a difference.

I ask you to pray for Southern NH Rescue Mission that they will continue to share the love of Christ above all else. Pray for Freedom Baptist Church as they seek to experience God and join Him where He is at work. Pray for Nashua Baptist Church as they continue to host missionaries and join God in missions work. Pray for the spiritual climate of New Hampshire that the people will become open to the Gospel Message.

One other word of thanks goes to Ron, John, Ronnie, Clay, Jeff, Alison, and Patty for their tireless work and determination on this trip. I pray that the work accomplished this week will be a lasting witness to what God can accomplish through those who say "YES" to Him. Pray for Pioneer Baptist Church as we continue to move forward On Mission with God this summer. May God bless you all.

No comments: