Thursday, May 15, 2008

Current Events

I have avoided the topic of politics so far this week but as Popeye would say "I've stands all I can stands and I can't stands no more."

I recently read an interview where Jeffrey Goldberg spoke with Barack Obama [BO for our purposes today] on the subject of Zionism and Hamas. Mr. Goldberg asked BO if he thought that Israel was a drag on America's reputation overseas. BO said, "No, no, no. But what I think is that this constant wound, that this constant sore, does infect all of our foreign policy..." Did you catch it? It was ever so subtle so I will be sure to put it out there again. He said that Israel was a "CONSTANT SORE that INFECTS all of our foreign policy.

If you don't believe it's true simply go to the atlantic.com and look in their archives. I wouldn't have believed it had I not read it for myself. He just called the apple of God's eye a constant sore that infects America's foreign policy. Israel - America's ally - a constant sore. WOW! It's no wonder that this guys initials are BO cause this stinks. You don't have to be alive long to recognize one major point in foreign policy and that is: Israel is our friend. Work with Israel - good, Side against Israel - bad.

That's not all. Did you know that Hamas supports his presidency? It's true. You can't make this stuff up. BO thinks he knows the reason: "This is a guy who spent some time in the Muslim world, has a middle name Hussein, and appears more worldly and has called for talks...so he's not going to be engaging in the same sort of cowboy diplimacy as George Bush." There it is folks. Let me list them for you. BO thinks Hamas supports his presidency because:

1) He's spent time in the Muslim world
2) His middle name is Hussein
3) Appears more worldly
4) Has called for talks
5) Not going to engage in cowboy diplomacy

Is this guy for real? Hey BO - some of us are actually listening to what you say!

I don't know about you folks but I'll take "cowboy diplomacy" if it means that we aren't being attacked. Ask yourself these questions: What it cowboy diplomacy that dropped an atomic bomb to end a major world war? What it cowboy diplomacy that pushed the former Soviet Union into major collapse without ever firing a shot? I think so. And if it was cowboy diplomacy that took us into Iraq then I have to say "Thank you President Bush" because we have been fighting terrorists in that country instead of ours. If BO really wants to know why Hamas supports him it's because they see him as weak.

I know it's May and that November is several months away. However, it will be here before we know it and a lot of these statements are going to be brushed under the rug. For most of the supporters of BO they don't even know he said it because they have been too busy passing out at his rallies. The only thing I can hope is that the American people will listen.

*** Please be advised that some people say that the only way to deal with BO is to use "Right Guard".

No comments: