Friday, February 10, 2012

Renew Your Mind


Romans 12:2, "Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect." (God's Word Translation). Want to change? Then learn to change the way you think.

You have heard me say this before, our behavior always follows our belief system. If we are unable to change the way we think then we will not be able to change the way we live.

I'm going to give you a challenge for the weekend. Eliminate all negative thinking.
No negative thoughts about yourself
No negative thoughts about anyone else
No negative thoughts about any situation
I'm challenging you to find God's point of you about yourself, others, and all circumstances in life.

The Word of God is filled with precious promises. It's learning to accept these promises based upon God's unconditional love for us where we learn to partner with His divine nature.

2 Peter 1:4, "And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires." (New Living Translation)

As you take part in this challenge, do your best to make note of how many critical/negative thoughts attempt to come through your mind. I think you will be surprised. This challenge is much more than just bringing you to a place of positive thinking. I'm hoping that through this exercise you will discover the power of the renewed mind. I'm praying that you will be transformed.

At the end of the weekend, you decide: Do I want to keep living out the renewed mind or do I want to return to the place of "stinkin' thinkin'"? I believe that I know what your answer will be.

Enjoy the journey. Remember, God is with you on this one!!!

No comments: