Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Is God's Grace Enough? (I keep asking)


2 Corinthians 12:9, "Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." [NLT]

Grace is the operating power of God. It is through the grace of God that we discover the ability to do everything He commands. In fact, there is nothing that God will ask of us that He does not supply the grace to accomplish.

God's grace is sufficient for...
My Life
My Marriage
My Vocation
My Weaknesses
My Strengths
My ______________
(insert whatever you like)

Do you believe that?

I hear a lot of people who believe it in theory but struggle in the practice. When we live like that, we actually frustrate the grace of God in our lives. I say frustrate because it causes us to put a lot more emphasis on what we do rather than trusting in His all sufficient grace. This mentality shows up when we are dealing with sin (in our lives or others). Allowing the grace of God to have its perfect work in our lives is the solution.

This warped mentality about the grace of God also shows up in relationships. The couple that doesn't want to reconcile. The parent that feels the need to control their child. The child that refuses to live under authority. God's grace is sufficient for these things as well. God's grace gives us the power to be our best in every situation. As I shared with you yesterday, there is nothing that comes into our lives that love cannot overcome. Grace gives us the ability to walk in and demonstrate that love through our lives. We can reconcile, we can forgive, we can strengthen relationships rather than weaken. His grace is sufficient.

I keep asking the question (even though I know the answer): Is God's Grace Enough?
Is His grace enough for salvation?
Is His grace enough to keep me?
Is His grace enough to carry me through this tough time in my life?
Is His grace enough for healing?
Is His grace enough....

The answer is a loud and booming...YES!!!

It's time to expand your thinking about God. His love is unconditional and His grace is sufficient. God has allowed us to enter into a relationship with Him where the possibilities are endless. Are you ready to enter into abundant life? God's grace says you can.

No comments: