Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hungry/Thirsty for More


I have been personally challenged in my faith this week. The blogs about worship and experiencing God are an overflow of what God is doing in my heart right now. I pray that they will stir your heart as well.

Jesus (Matthew 5:6) said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled. Psalm 63:1, the psalmist says, "O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirst for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Luke 11:13, "...how much more will your Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask." Over and over again, Scripture teaches us that if we are hungry/thirsty for God that we can be filled. I want to say this again this week: This is not about God's willingness to pour Himself into us - it's about our willingness to receive from Him.

I am challenged by the men and women who have been used by God at various times in history. I see in them a willingness to go deeper and deeper with God, never satisfied until they saw the manifestation of what they prayed for, consumed with more of the Holy Spirit at work in their lives. The question that I ask of myself is whether I am willing to continue in my pursuit of Him. The answer that I have continued to give is "YES!" I want to join the Apostle Paul in saying, "I have counted all things as rubbish for the excellency of the knowledge of Him."

Some would say that being saved is enough. Knowing that your sins are forgiven and that you are going to heaven should satisfy. However, I believe that the entrance into this kingdom cannot be compared with walking in the kingdom. I praise God for my salvation everyday. I recognize all that it cost God for the reconciliation of the world. It because of that cost that I seek to know Him more. A God that has done so much to bring salvation to my life is a God worth knowing and a God worth experiencing.

Don't lose the hunger!
Don't allow anything of this world to quench your thirst!
Keep pressing in!
May Heaven invade earth in your life!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blessing me with this blog this morning... Continue to Thirst after HIM...

Neal Hawks said...

I'm glad to hear that God used it as a blessing in your life.
You have blessed me by sharing.