Friday, September 17, 2010

Something Fresh


What an incredible week! I have been able to witness God do amazing things on so many levels. I was able to experience God in fresh ways with my son, friends & church members, and families within our community. I have literally watched as God answered prayers that I have prayed word for word.

I can honestly say that the events of this week have blown me away. It's hard to remember any other time in my life where I have witnessed God do what He is doing in and around me. It's exciting. It keeps me on the edge of my seat because I never know what God is going to do next.

Have you ever experienced anything like this? Has God moved upon your life in such a way that you see Him working everywhere? I'm not saying this is "the norm" for my life but it can be. It may not be the same thing every time but I truly believe that each of us should live with that expectancy. We should live as though God is going to show up in our lives or in the lives of those around us. This thing is REAL, POWERFUL, and utterly AMAZING!

In Acts 3:19, Peter said, "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,". Isn't that what you want - something refreshing? The life that Jesus promised was one of abundance. Is that what you are experiencing? Can you say that you have "abundant life"? If not...why not? Is Jesus a liar? Was Jesus saying that just to make you feel good or do you think he meant it? Folks, I assure you that Jesus meant it! If you aren't experiencing "something fresh" from the Lord it's not His fault.

Take some time today to confess who you are in Jesus. Meditate what God's Word says to be TRUE in your life. Allow the Holy Spirit to minister those words to your heart. And watch to see what God does in you. You will be amazed at the time of refreshing that God will give. All you have to do is believe it by faith. By faith, agree with God, and enjoy the refreshment that God gives to your soul.

Pray you have a refreshing weekend!

No comments: