Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fully Persuaded


Romans 8:38-39, "For I am PERSUADED that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

2 Timothy 1:12, "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am PERSUADED that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

Hebrews 11:13, "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured (PERSUADED) of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."

No matter how you look at it, faith is more than just a trust or a belief. Faith, according to the word in the original language means to trust and to be persuaded to trust. Paul spoke of being persuaded about the love of God in Christ along with the faithfulness of God. In other areas he talked about moving people toward persuasion (2 Cor. 5:11 & Rom. 14:5). Are you fully persuaded?

Persuade in the English means to move by argument. What was the argument that persuaded Paul to believe that nothing would separate Him from the love of God? What was the argument that persuaded Abraham (Read Romans 4:21) to believe that what God had promised, He was able to perform? It is the argument of the grace of God!

When you and I come to an understanding of the grace of God, we can be fully persuaded as well. Grace has a powerful argument because grace is a powerful thing. Behind grace is the ability of God. Is there anything that God cannot accomplish? Is there a need in your life that cannot be met by the grace of God? Is there any sin too bad that the grace of God cannot cover? In every instance we should be fully persuaded to shout "NO!".

The argument of grace in our lives should give us the confidence in God to walk in His ways, live in His love, follow His calling, and enjoy His peace. The argument of grace moves beyond my reasoning into His capability. Areas of my life where I am unable, God is still able because my inability is never a hindrance to His ability.

I am fully persuaded...
- That my life can be better than it is today.
- That my faith can be stronger.
- That my righteousness is in Christ.
- That my sins are forgiven.
- That my future is secure.
- That my needs are met according to His riches in glory.
*And the list goes on and on.

What caused me to be persuaded in these areas? I become persuaded to truth and I walk in the truth of God's Word. I confess (come into agreement with) what God's Word says about my life. His Word is truth regardless of how I feel. As I move into agreement, something happens; my heart becomes convinced of God's Word. I am now fully persuaded.

Is there any area of life where you have a hard time believing God? Read what He has to say about it and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into His truth. Be fully persuaded!

No comments: