Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let's Go Ahead & Put It Out There

I have given considerable thought this morning as to what I would blog about. There is so much news out there that it's hard to keep up with it all. Do I jump on the news coming from Wall Street, the campaign trail, problems at home, or just get on here an rant about any subject. My conclusion: None of the Above. What I am going to do is go ahead and let you know where I stand politically.

I am Pro-Life. God is pro-life and so am I. One of the first things I look at when deciding who to vote for is their position concerning abortion.

I am for limited government. What many people of this nation has forgotten is that government was created to work for the people and not against them. There is too much government oversight in many areas and not enough oversight in others. Our Congress right now is fighting over where we can/cannot drill for oil but talking about taking a break rather than deal with the current crisis on Wall Street. To Congress: We voted you into office to work - GET TO WORK!

Our Government needs to cut spending. Right now our federal government is out of control. We are putting millions of dollars into programs on a federal level that should be left up to the states. We have millions of dollars going toward the arts to help people who can't sell a painting in the free market. I don't remember voting for that one do you? We are giving millions of dollars to countries that do not support us. Once again - I didn't get a vote on that one either. Whoever goes into the White House needs to cut out ridiculous spending.

I am Against Same Sex Marriages. It is morally wrong. I stated my stance on homosexuality yesterday.

I am For a Strong Military. I don't have a problem with the United States being the lone superpower in the world. It doesn't bother me that we have the largest military on earth nor that we spend a lot of money to fund it. The greatest role of government is to protect the American people.

I am For Energy Independence. We have oil here - let's use it. We have natural gas here - let's find a way to fuel our vehicles with it as well. Let's use wind, solar, water, bio-fuel, & nuclear energy. We are American and we can do it.

I am for the Fair Tax plan. Have questions - go to www.fairtax.org and see what it's all about. Basically promotes replacing our current tax system with a national sales tax. It is the best tax policy out there folks and keeps taxes even among all income groups (no more class warfare). I look forward to a day when our elections are not going to be about cutting taxes/raising taxes but rather which leader is going to be the best for our nation. This needs to become a ballot issue.

I am for protecting our borders. If it means a wall, putting the national guard on our borders, etc. Our country needs to do something to STOP illegal immigration. I am for LEGAL immigration. There is a way to come to America the right way (the legal way). If you follow our rules then you can live here.

I am a firm believer in our right to bear arms. Yes, the constitution gives us the right to own a gun(s).

I believe "One Nation Under God" should be our national motto, "In God We Trust" should be on our currency, and that we should keep God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

These are just some of my personal beliefs/convictions when it comes to politics. This is a part of my worldview..."The Neal Doctrine". Some of you might notice that the Bible and my personal religious beliefs have shaped my worldview. Does that seem strange to you? If I'm being honest here (sounds like Simon Cowell doesn't it?) I don't understand how a believer can vote in any election without being guided by their moral compass. How can a believer support abortion on demand? How can a believer support gay marriage? These are some serious issues. I have heard people say that they vote to help the economy and that you can't allow your morals to come into play. Give me a break! We are to allow our morals to guide us in everything else but how we vote? God's Word says that righteousness exalts a nation NOT economic stability.

My hope for this election is that believers will continue to come out and make their voices heard. God has blessed us to live in a free society where we can vote for those who lead our nation. WAKE UP CHURCH and stand for what is right. You and I may disagree with some of the points that I made earlier but we must find agreement on matters of morality.

Want to know more? I will answer your questions to the best of my ability. Click on the comment link and ask me a question - You don't have to register. Or feel free to email me at this address: pbcpastor08@gmail.com - this is the email address for the blog and won't fill up any other personal emails. Look forward to talking to you.

No comments: