Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Disturbing

Dear Friends,

I have just been made aware of some disturbing news today. A very well known artist in Christian circles has just went public with his closet lifestyle. At this point I do not want to mention names (if people feel the need to know they will find out easy enough).

I admit that I am deeply saddened by this news. This individual was married, had kids, was involved in mission work over the years, and has spent around 2 decades in music ministry. Now this person attends a "church" that embraces the homosexual lifestyle and performs for them.

At this point in our conversation I want to say that the Bible is very clear in regards to homosexuality. It is a practice that is condemned repeatedly in scripture (Lev. 18:22, Rom. 1:26-27, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 1 Tim. 1:9-10 just to name a few). In his book "A Strong Delusion", Joe Dallas - former homosexual - examines and critiques the arguments posed by pro-gay theology so the church will have a better understanding when dealing with those who are trying to portray this as a "normal" lifestyle.

My advice to those of you who are in constant debate over homosexuality is this: show your concern for the individual & let scripture stand on its own. The Bible does not need our defense. God has promised that His Word will not return to him void but will accomplish what He has sent it out to do. You see, homosexuals who are trying to line the Bible up with their lifestyle are doing the same things cults have been doing for years. When the Bible disagrees with what they believe to be true they either change the Bible or interpret it to say something that it does not.

I realize that this is a hot-button issue. There is a lot of emotion about this very topic. Not only that, but there is a large group of people in this nation who want to legalize gay marriage. I may even take some heat since I'm online talking about the issue but scripture is clear. Homosexuality is wrong. It is a sin condemned in the Word of God. The only way any of us can be accepted by God is through forgiveness in Jesus Christ.

Please - pray for the individual that I spoke about in the beginning. God knows who this person is and I'm sure that He is already reaching out to the individual. God longs to redeem all who have gone astray. God longs to bring back all of the lost sheep. But they must come through the door of repentance like anyone else. The blood of Christ can cover all sins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Neal, I couldnt believe it myself. What a shame. I loved his music. I really dont know what to say.

Matt