Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Refreshed

Well, it's been a while but I'm back.

After the death of my home cpu, and week away, I'm ready to take up the task of blogging again. I must say that the week away was great for me. Some may look at my schedule and think that I was insane, however, you really have to know me to understand that this past week became the refreshment that my spirit needed.

Monday, March 3, I went to Chattanooga TN to join the "Fresh Oil New Wine" conference @ Abba's House (formerly known as Central Baptist Church). The conference was just that: Fresh Oil and New Wine for my spirit. Although I was only there for a couple of days, the worship and preaching was used of God to ignite the work of His Holy Spirit in my life. I was able to enjoy some wonderful fellowship with close friends while being challenged in my walk with the Lord and my calling as a pastor. I told my wife that even though I could not stay for the full 4 days that I believed that God had something for me. He did, and I'm grateful for it.

I came back home Tues. evening just to turn around on Wed. afternoon to go to Melbourne Florida. I took a hunting trip with my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and some good friends. We had a great trip and was able to bring home some wild hog meat from the hunt. This was my first experience hunting wild hogs and it proved to be loads of fun. Osceola Outfitters - hope I spelled it right - do their very best to give you a wonderful experience. I was so grateful for the week there that if I had walked away empty handed I would have been satisfied with the trip.

As I have reflected upon this week I realized that God allowed me to be refreshed spiritually and physically. Sure the windshield time was tough, but in the end I gained energy, spiritual vitality, and some great insight into God's Word while away. In fact, I'm chomping at the bit to preach this next Sunday and look forward to my time in the pulpit sharing what God has laid upon my heart. Who wouldn't be? The next couple of Sunday's for believers in Christ provide some great excitement as we reflect upon the last days of Jesus' ministry here on earth.

As I close, I just want to say "thanks" for all who prayed while I was away. I look forward to sharing with you in the days ahead. I pray that you will be blessed in the coming days with what I have to share.

No comments: