Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Light Has Dawned

Isaiah 9:2, "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone."

The Light has come.
Scripture has been very clear about this.
Church history declares it.
What we experience in our day & time is when the light comes on in us.
And that is what I want to talk to you about.

I had an incredible experience with my son this past Sunday. One I will never forget.
We had just finished up our service. People were beginning to walk out of the sanctuary. You have to understand that it is not unusual for my 14 year old to hug me. He does it all the time. However, on this particular day, he walked up to me and fell into my chest. All he could say is "Thank You!" Then the tears began to flow (from both of us I might add). I didn't realize all that had taken place in that moment, I simply embrace it. I realized that the Lord had done something significant.

Later on, I was able to talk to him. I found out that "Thank You" was meant to be followed by "for teaching me about God's goodness." This wasn't a new conversation for us. Hayden has had multiple conversations with me about this very thing. He has heard some of the things his friend's believe about the nature of God that is so contrary to what I have taught him. But what happened on this particular morning is that my son experienced it firsthand. He went on to describe what happened in his heart, what he heard, and how he felt. In essence, the light came on & he will never be the same.

Today's blog will be short. I want to ask you a question. Do you know of a time when the light has come on in your own life?

Each of us have been designed to hear the voice of our Heavenly Father. It's when we respond to His voice that makes all the difference. What my son experienced this Sunday was not some charged up emotionalism. We weren't going through some sort of religious exercise. He sat, he listened, and he experienced the Lord all by himself. And it is an experience that no one will be able to take from him.

The Light has dawned.
He has shown Himself in our hearts.
May we be swept away in His goodness.

No comments: