Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Beginning...


In Revelation 21:5, the Bible says: "Then He who sat on the throne said, 'Behold, I make all things new...'" With the approaching New Year, you have a couple of choices on how to view life. You can view the end of the year as a chapter closing or you can look at the coming year with the attitude of a new chapter beginning.

Closing a chapter can be a good thing. If we have taken the time to understand what we have been through...to learn all the lessons...then closing a chapter in our lives can bring about great growth. However, if we do not listen to the lessons of the past then we will be doomed to repeat them in the future. All that you have gone through this year can be used to strengthen you, shape you, and create great character. Even if you have had a rough year, I would encourage you to reap all that you can from the experience and you will find that there is some good in there.

Opening a new chapter is exciting. Where will the story take us? How will the plot of life develop over the pages of this year? What does God have in store for us? The possibilities are limitless when we are walking with the God who makes all things new. If you will resolve to seek Him out over this next year, I think you will be amazed at all He is able to accomplish.

Allow me to encourage you to make Revelation 21:5 a fresh revelation for your life.
1) Let God sit on the throne
- This verse is quite clear about who is in charge. If this is going to be a year of fresh beginnings then we have to relinquish control. Let God have His rightful place in your heart.
2) Let God make all things new
- May this be the year that you stop striving in the energy of your flesh. Allow the grace of God to be your strength and ability. If there is one lesson that I can pass on to you from the last chapter (this past year) is that God's grace is enough! There is grace available for everything that you will face in this coming year. And understand that His grace is able to keep you from falling. Too often we only see His grace as the ability to get up when we fail but I pray that this will be the year that you walk in victory. Go ahead and step into all that God wants to do in and through you.

Thank you for sharing this past year with me. I appreciate you taking the time to read what I have posted. I trust that in this coming year God will continue to give me fresh revelations to share with you. It is the desire of my heart that PBC Voice will be able to minister to you directly. I pray that God will allow me to affect your life in a positive way.

Happy New Year to you all. May God's richest blessings be yours.

No comments: