Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm Away From My Desk...


Folks, it's time to take a few days away from the blog. I will return on Monday.

By way of encouragement, I do want to leave some Scripture with you:

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you...I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." {Ezekiel 36:26-27}

Part of the renewal of Israel was a promise from God to put a new spirit and heart within His people. Not only that, but a promise to place His Spirit within them.

This promise has been passed down to us as well. We have the same problem that Israel had...we struggle in having a heart for God. It is through the new birth that we receive a new heart and new spirit - as well as the Spirit of God within. It is the Spirit of God that causes us to walk in agreement with God's Word. It's the Spirit of God that allows us to accomplish all that God asks of us.

The time has come for us to cease doing ministry by the energy of the flesh. We must stop viewing our walk with the Lord as something that we do for Him. He has given us everything we need for life and godliness. The life of the believer is to be empowered by the Spirit of God. Our heart and our spirit (which has been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb) comes into agreement with the Spirit of God (which guides into all that is true) and we can now "flesh out" what we believe. Gone is the reliance upon the flesh. Gone is our natural ability. We now fully rely and trust in His work within us.

Over the next few days, I want you to focus upon the work that God has done in you. Then, and only then, you can focus upon what God wants to do through you.

Walk in His Grace!
Enjoy His Love!
Allow Him Full Access to who you are!
Be Amazed at all He Accomplishes!

May Grace and Peace be multiplied to you. We'll talk soon.

No comments: