Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life Interrupted


I wasn't looking for anything to be inspired with/about this morning. In all reality I was just going through the motions of life. You know...dropping the kids off at school and having to go into the office to pay for lunch charges (one of the joys of having a growing boy in the house). Then it happened...

In walks a little girl who looks to have been crying all morning. Maybe 4th or 5th grade and someone asks, "What's wrong? Why have you been crying?" She says, "It's just life."

I'm curious - Is life interrupting our plans? Or is there something that is interrupting our life? Don't miss what I am saying here. I can agree with the likes of Rocky when he tells his son, "Life ain't full of sunshine and rainbows..." But what I can't agree with is that a 10 or 11 year old child should have to carry around the weight of the world.

Jesus promised us that He came that we might have life AND to have it MORE ABUNDANTLY! {anybody listening?} MORE ABUNDANTLY!!! Jesus wants to interrupt life with LIFE.

Ask yourself a question: Do I want to know what it means to truly live? I'm not saying that your clouds will turn to pastel colors, bunnies are going to run up to be petted, and all of a sudden your bills are going to be paid. What I am saying is that you CAN have a life that is much more abundant than the one your already possess. The secret to this life is actually no secret at all - it's to give yourself over to the Lordship of Christ.

**We are sorry for the interruption - this blog has been interrupted by LIFE!

No comments: