Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Overwhelmed?


For the past few weeks I have been asking God to birth as song in me. Since I was in high school I have always enjoyed writing poetry but songwriting is totally different for me. It's MUCH, MUCH, HARDER. The one word that continues to flow out of my expression is: Overwhelmed.

I'm not saying that I am overwhelmed with life's difficulties, problems, circumstances, tragedies, or my sin. No - I am overwhelmed by the goodness, love, mercy, and faithfulness of God. When I think of all that God has done for me it's like standing beneath a waterfall trying to get a drink of water. It's overwhelming!

Do you ever stop to think about His matchless grace? Think about how God took the greatest gift He could have given {Himself} and placed that gift on a cross for you. Then, if that's not enough, after we accept His gift of salvation He places His Spirit inside of us. Oh, but it gets better! After His Spirit is placed inside of us He gives us gifts to serve, peace to replace worry, joy to replace sorrow, and guidance into all truth. AND then He uses us to bring others (just like us) into His family.

Overwhelmed?

So I am a part of God's family, being used for His glory, and basking in the forgiveness of sin. But God's not finished. He then provides for my every need, blesses me for being obedient to Him, and showers me with new mercies every day.

Overwhelmed?

Take time today to be reflective of all that God has given. God's Word says, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:17. Received anything good lately? It was a gift from God!

May you be overwhelmed by God today. Drink deep from the fountain of His goodness. But watch out...you may get wet!

No comments: