Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Big Congrats to Roy Williams & My Heels!


History does repeat itself.

In 2005 I celebrated the Steelers 5th Super Bowl win and followed it up with a celebration over UNC winning Roy Williams 1st NCAA Championship. Here in '09 I'm celebrating again! 1st with the record setting 6 time Super Bowl Steelers and now with Roy Williams 2nd Championship with the North Carolina Tarheels.

For those who know me - KNOW that I can't pass up an opportunity to give a shout out to my Heels. They had a great season and were able to once again cut down the nets after a championship win.

I'm happy for Roy Williams. If I wasn't a Tarheel fan then I would have pulled for Kansas when Roy was there. I have always thought that he is a class act, genuine, passionate, and a great teacher of the game. One other note: He's not afraid to cry!

I'm happy for Tyler Hansbrough. I don't know of any college athlete who has worked harder in 4 years to achieve this goal. Nobody out-hustles or out-works him on the floor. Day in and day out, he put it all out there. What a way to end an excellent college career. There is a lot be said for staying 4 years!

Last of all, I'm happy for UNC. It's good to have the ACC back on top. Most of us ACC fans know that this is the most difficult conference when it comes to basketball. So, way to go Heels!

P.S. All you Duke fans - Na Na Na Na Na!

No comments: