Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is It Really His?


According to Psalm 24:1 & 1 Corinthians 10:26, "The Earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof." However, if you read the Psalm is also says, "...the world, and they that dwell therein." (I used the King James Version because I like the language for these verses.) This is an awesome statement. Basically it says that everything belongs to God. The earth along with everything He created belongs to Him. Everything. Every person. Selah [Think about it]

I saw that our Worship Pastor blogged on this subject I'm getting ready to share with you but I'm so excited about what God is doing that I cannot resist. Last night, our church experienced something new. How many of you believe that God is still doing new things? Isaiah 43:19, "Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

We normally have prayer meeting on Wednesday night. Yes, prayer meetings. We meet for an hour to seek the face of God for the church body. Well, yesterday I had this insane idea that we needed to do a "soaking session." I had never led one of these and to be quite honest wasn't sure how to do it. I did a little research into the matter and decided that in my ignorance we would obey God in this matter. For those of you who don't know, a soaking session is a time where we corporately become still before God. We set ourselves aside to focus and meditate upon Him for renewal of strength, peace, and to be reminded of His goodness. Everyone came in and I shared with the group my intentions for the evening. We put on some intimate worship music by Alberto & Kimberly Rivera and we were still before the Lord.

I must say that I was amazed at how God worked during this time. Words of encouragement were given to individuals, prayer was made with a great sense of the presence of God among us, and people worshipped God in a new way. We literally placed ourselves in areas around the sanctuary. We sat, knelt, and even stretched ourselves out before the Lord. We focused on the worship that was being offered through the music and it became ours. If you have never done this as an individual then I suggest that you be still and know that He is God!

At the end of our time together I saw people wiping the tears from their eyes. I witnessed the joy and peace of the Lord on their faces. I was also amazed at how the Lord was speaking to individuals as they shared with me. One such person was my lovely wife who at the end of our time came and said, "Can you bring the kids home with you? I have to go talk to Sherry." Sherry is a lady in our neighborhood and we had bringing her kids to church with us on Wednesday nights. I said, "Of course." And I took my time gathering the kids so that I wouldn't interrupt what God may be doing at the home. We pulled into the driveway and I asked her kids to go into the house quietly just in case Jenn wasn't done sharing. Little did I know that Sherry had already accepted Christ before we got there!

This morning I was reminded of the verses that I shared with you earlier: "The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein." God had spoken to my wife in our time of stillness before Him because on of His created ones was in need of salvation. Jennifer obeyed and Sherry was born into the kingdom of God.

Have you ever stopped to consider that you are the Lord's? Are you full? I am so full of His joy right now that I can hardly contain myself. I am so full of His peace, His strength, His Spirit, His goodness. And not only are we His but every person in this world belongs to the Lord in the sense that He is their Creator. But if we want to see them move from being someone created by God to someone REDEEMED by God then we have to share what He has done to save them.

Be still before the Lord today and allow Him to place someone upon your heart. Then go forward with the assurance that everything and everyone is His. Who knows? You may be able to step into the delivery room today and see someone born into the kingdom.

May God bless you today with His overwhelming presence and love.

No comments: