Friday, January 16, 2009

Doorkeeper (and other thoughts)


It's Friday and I want to share some thoughts with you.

Women's Retreat - the women of PBC are travelling to Gatlinburg for their annual women's retreat. My wife always does a wonderful job in helping to bring these women closer to the Lord. May God watch over them and bless them with His presence.

UNC beats UVA - Finally...UNC got their 1st win in the ACC. Who would have thought that a team that looked unbeatable leading up to conference play would struggle the way they have? But that is the nature of the ACC. Go Heels!

Steelers vs. Ravens in AFC Championship Game - Many of you know that I'm a Steelers fan. This game will feature division rivals, the #1 Defense vs. #2 Defense, and an opportunity for the Steelers to beat the Ravens for the 3rd time in a season. It won't be easy but I'm hoping/believing that the Steelers are heading to Tampa to get a band for the other hand.

Last of all I want to share with you some words from a CD that has grabbed my attention again. Josh Baldwin's "Changing" CD (pictured above) found its way to my truck stereo again. I'm so glad it did! This young man is from North Carolina and has produced a wonderful/worshipful CD.

The first song is "Doorkeeper" which uses the psalmist words: I would rather be a doorkeeper. "Turn your face into my direction and I will be changed into your reflection. Just one day is better than a thousand. One day here inside your courts." The song continues: "You are so completely wonderful. How could I deny my adoration for one more day? I would rather be your doorkeeper Lord. I would rather be yours."

This song has become a wonderful reminder for me. Of all the things that we can be and experience in this life - it's good to know that I am His. There truly is no better place.

May God bless you this weekend.

BTW - Go Steelers!

No comments: