Saturday, February 23, 2008

The "Lie" of Abortion

According to UK's Telegraph, Emma Beck - Artist, hung herself after aborting twins.

The suicide note left behind said, "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it's too late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no-one else does." And with that, on her 31st birthday, the day after her abortion she killed herself.

Why am I sharing this? Because it angers me and saddens me at the same time. I'm saddened by the death of two unborn children and I'm saddened by the self-inflicted death of an individual. I'm angry because of the "lie" of abortion.

The lie of abortion is: "It's a woman's right to choose" or "It's o.k. to wait until you are ready." But this is what our society and planned parenthood want you to think. They want you to believe that aborting an unborn child is just as natural as becoming pregnant. It's all lies.

Being a part of the creative process of God is a blessing. Being a part of the abortion process is a curse. In this case it was a curse for two unborn babies who were never given a chance at life outside the womb. It was a curse for this young lady becuase she could never escape the guilt and resentment she felt. In her own words, "I died when my babies died." This is the side of abortion we never hear about. There are women whom you meet on the streets, in your office, or at your school who are carrying around this awful burden. A burden which many of them will never escape.

The tragedy in all of this is that the enemy won big time. He loves murder and suicide - He has come to kill and destroy. He loves for people to carry around guilt - He has come to steal. And throughout this whole process people still support the lie. The experts will say that Ms. Beck was a person who struggled with depression, etc. The experts will say that this is not true in every case and that abortion on demand is still the "right" path for some people. It's a lie. Jesus said of satan that he is the "Father of lies". And the only way that we can refute a lie is to share the truth. The truth is that life begins at conception. The truth is that every child should have an opportunity at life. The truth is that abortion hurts everyone involved.

Hear the words of the coroner, Dr. Carlyon, "It is clear that termination can have a profound effect on a woman's life." For the church this means finding ways to reach out a loving hand rather than waving a fist. If we don't reach out in love to these individuals who are thinking about abortion or have already had one - who will? We cannot allow planned parenthood or pro-abortion advocates to have the only voice. The church needs to be a crisis pregnancy center.

I want to say to anyone who may be reading this blog entry who is thinking about abortion. Don't do it! That child inside of you is alive. That child is a part of God's creation. Don't do it for the sake of the child and don't do it for your own sake as well. There are other options. And for those reading who are carrying around the guilt of having an abortion, there is forgiveness.

There is no sin too great that God cannot and will not forgive. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ according to Romans 6:23. God's Word assures us in I John 1:9 that if we confess our sin that God is able to forgive us and cleanse us completely. Don't allow that guilt and that burden to destroy your life. Allow God to forgive you. Ask Jesus Christ to forgive you. Believe and accept His death on the cross for your sin. Trust in His resurrection from the dead to give you new life in Him.

As I close there is a song playing in the background I think God wants you to hear.

Kutless - Sea Of Faces

I see the city lights all around me
Everyone's obscure
Ten million people each with their problems
Why should anyone care

And in Your eyes I can see
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

Sometimes my life it feels so trivial
Immersed in the greatness of space
Yet somehow you still find the time for me
It's then You show me Your love

And In Your eyes I can see
And in Your arms I will be
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

If only my one heart
Was all you'd gain from all it cost
Well I know you would have still been a man
With a reason
To willingly offer your life

I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a Sea of Faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because you traded Your life for mine

Just one in a million faces

1 comment:

Launch International said...

Neal, you're always so current and relevant in your thinking! Good job!