Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It was a good fight

II Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

What a powerful expression of service. Paul, knowing that he was nearing the end of his life and ministry, shared these wonderful words with his son in the faith.

It's one thing to fight - but quite another thing to finish. My homiletics professor used to tell us "You can finish before finish." How true! All of us have the capability of never reaching this place in ministry or in our service to the Lord. How wonderful to be found faithful.

I don't know about you, but I want to be able to say these words. As my life is being poured out I want to say, "I have fought, I have finished, I have kept." I wonder how many fight but never finish. Or how many fight and in the end have lost their faith?

Fight - as though your very life depends upon it.
Finish - do what God has asked you to do.
Keep - And whatever you do, don't lose faith. God is with you every step of the way.

3 comments:

Lynne Geisz said...

Neal,
Nelson shared this blog with me via email. Keep it up! It was great. I have added to my favorites so I don't lose it. I look forward to reading it often. Hope you and your family is doing well.
Lynne Geisz
Richmond, VA

TERRY said...

Neal,

COOL! ENJOYED IT!

TERRY

Stacey Stuwe said...

It is a good fight indeed! Love it, keep up the good WORD!