Thursday, March 14, 2013

Worship...

Psalms 29:2, "Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness."

I love how the Lord reminds me of things. This week has brought with it several challenges and obstacles. However, right in the midst of it - as I turn my heart toward the Lord - I experience His presence. Worship has once again changed my environment.

Without taking a lot of time I simply want to remind you (as the Lord reminded me) that worship always has the potential to bring you into an experience of Him. Worship is not just a duty to fulfill but an experience to enter into and a relationship to enjoy. The psalms of the Old Testament teach us that God is enthroned upon the praises of Israel. It is my belief that when I turn my heart toward Him and begin to express my love and devotion that He brings the reality of His presence into my situation.

I don't know what you are encountering today but worship can alter the environment. Just like turning a light on in a dark room brings a greater perspective, worship will change yours. It's one of the joys that we have as followers of Christ. Don't miss it.

Take some time today to turn on some of your favorite worship music.
Or simply sing a song from your heart to Him.
Allow your focus to be upon the God who created you, loves you, and has given you life.
Watch the things that are trying to get your attention fade away.
Enjoy the peace and serenity that will envelope your soul.
Be still and know that He is God!!!

God can affect where you are today more than anything that I could write. Trust me.

Encounter His presence regardless of where you are in the journey. My prayer is that your experience of Him will help you gain a greater perspective of your situation AND a greater appreciation for how immediate God is in your life.

Go ahead...get your praise on!!!

No comments: