Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Process...

I'll admit that I didn't have much to write about this morning. I've been thinking through a lot of different stuff but nothing hit me. That is...that is until I hear a brief clip of a Graham Cooke teaching. It was perfect for what I was dealing with and thought it would make a great topic of discussion. So let's talk about "The Process."

There is something that each of us must discover about life in general: It's a Process. There's no such thing as being born into the world and all of a sudden you are a mature adult. It requires time. It requires learning. It requires making choices. In other words, it requires a process.

What is true in the natural is true in the spiritual. What we become in the Kingdom of God doesn't happen through a snap of the fingers or the laying on of hands. The Christian life is filled with processes. We will not become spiritually mature by accident. It doesn't happen overnight. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. God in His power and in His grace quickens many of the processes. But to become who we are meant to be in the Kingdom will take time. It will mean going through the process.

This is a lesson that I must continually learn. Church bodies go through process. Ministries go through process. Leaders go through process. Who I am today as a parent is due to how I have responded to the process of parenting. Who I am as a husband has come through the process of marriage. The willingness on my part to recognize who I am in each situation, learn through the lessons of life, and being willing to grow has brought me to where I am today. There was some initiative on my part and a LOT of grace on God's part. I'm not where I want to be but thankfully I'm not where I used to be. Where am I? I'm still in the process.

I used the picture of a drop of water to provide some imagery to the process. Each drop of water creates a ripple effect. Ask yourself the question: What is God trying to drop into my life that will create such a ripple effect that it will transform me into the person He wants me to be? Where are you in the process?

Enjoy the journey...& Enjoy the process!!!

No comments: