Thursday, March 22, 2012

Needing Your Input


Happy Thursday everyone!!!

I have a new poll question located upper right of the page. Please click on one of the options. I need to know your thoughts. It's been my joy to share this blog with you over these last few years. I just need to know how many of you are reading.

*************************************************************

Daniel Webster once said, "The most important thought I ever had was that of my individual responsibility to God."

What are we responsible for?
Living in grace
Loving God with all that we have and all that we are
Loving others as yourself
Sharing this incredible and abundant life with all that we come in contact with
And the list could go on...

I never like to view responsibility in a negative light. 1 John 5:3 says, "This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome." It's pretty natural to hear the word command and think of a Drill Sargent barking out orders. Rarely, if ever, have I heard God speak to me in a way that wasn't in love. His commands are not a list of things (like what we had in the 10 commandments) but is a way of life. Even after God shared the Law with the children of Israel, He said, "I put before you life and death. Choose life..."

Another aspect of thinking about our own personal responsibility toward God is that it keeps us from worrying about what others are doing (not doing). It keeps us focused on our individual relationship. I'm starting to discover that I cannot be as worried about someone's walk with God. I just need to enjoy mine.

As you go about the rest of your day - THINK.
What has God given you?
What has God done in your life?
Who has God placed around you?
What can you do that will bring glory and honor to Him?

You don't have to be creative. The Holy Spirit is a wonderful guide. Let Him speak to you. You will discover that the abundant life that Jesus promised isn't something to be kept hidden but something to share with everyone.

Hope your day is blessed.

No comments: