Friday, October 7, 2011

Want a "NOW" move of God?


Ephesians 5:18, "And do not be drunk with win, in which is excess, but be filled with the Spirit." Have you ever become content to live on the experiences of the past? You can experience of move of God in your life today.

You don't have to own a vehicle very long to realize that eventually you will have to put gas in the tank. Or if you drive an electric vehicle, you will have to recharge it. A car can only run on fumes for so long. In the same way, if you and I are simply living in the experiences of the past, we will run out of steam. How long can we make it on the fumes of last years experience? Only you can answer that question.

Jesus told us in the model prayer that we should ask the Father to "give us this day our daily bread." There is fresh bread for today. And if there is fresh bread for today then I must refuse to live on the stale bread of yesterday or the crumbs from previous years. I must choose to be filled with the Spirit of God daily.

What does this mean? The Bible is very clear that when we receive Jesus as Lord and Savior of our lives the Holy Spirit of God comes to dwell in us, seal us, guide us, and comfort us. Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed? The answer is "Yes." However, to quote the great D.L. Moody, "The Holy Spirit in you is one thing. The Holy Spirit upon you in quite another." The conversion experience with the Holy Spirit alone will not be enough to carry you through this life as a believer. We must learn to drawn upon Him, be filled with Him, and walk in Him. And if you want a "NOW" move of God in your life, you must experience Him.

God is so interactive with His children. He promised to never leave us nor forsake us. This promise is fulfilled through the Holy Spirit. You have the very presence of God within you. He's there to guide you in life. He's in you to remind you of the truth. He's there to give you the gifts needed to work in His kingdom. He's resident to comfort you, fuel the abundant life in you, and assure you of the goodness of God. Believers must awaken to the fact that we are not looking for something that is outside of us. We have everything we need!

So the question to ask is: How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
Ask (Does this sound familiar?)
Seek
Knock
If you desire to experience the filling of the Holy Spirit then all you have to do is ask. And Jesus made it very clear that God is more than willing that we experience the "much more" of the Holy Spirit.

I want to remind you that this isn't about getting more of the Holy Spirit. You have all of Him inside of you. It's about allowing Him to fill every part of your life. It's allowing the Lordship of Jesus to reside over everything. When I am willing to give myself to God, then He is more than willing to give me a greater awareness of Himself in me. He loves nothing more than His children come into the reality of who they are in Him. This is part of the glory that we are continually being transformed into, and when you and I are walking in this glory then we become the glory of God that is covering the earth.

The "NOW" move of God resides within you. The revival that you long to experience is waiting to be activated in your life. Be filled with the Spirit of God in excess. Learn what it means to abide in Him. There is so much for us to experience in the abundant life that Jesus promised. Let's go deeper in Him!!!

Heavenly Father,
I thank you for the promise of your Holy Spirit residing in me. I thank you that you did not leave us comfortless in this world. I thank you for taking up residence in my life. Jesus said that your Spirit within me would be like a fountain of living water springing up into everlasting life and that it would be like a river flowing out of me. I ask you to fill me with your Holy Spirit. May this fountain of life spring up in me to overflowing. Thank you for allowing me to experience your presence every day. I choose to walk in the Spirit of God and operate in the gifts that He gives me. I choose to build myself up in this most holy faith by praying in the Spirit. And I look forward to partnering with your divine nature within me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments: