Friday, February 25, 2011

The Heart of Salvation


I was listening to one of my favorite Jars of Clay songs this morning when I received visual of what they were singing. I will post the lyrics of the song below and share the insight the Lord gave me. I truly believe this should be at the heart of salvation.

"Love Song For A Savior" ~ Jars of Clay

In open fields of wild flowers,
she breathes the air and flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses
in no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all
He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on her lips
Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call her and she will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray,

"I want to fall in love with You"

Sitting silent wearing Sunday best
The sermon echoes through the walls
A great salvation through it calls to the people
who stare into nowhere, and can't feel the chains on their souls

He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on our lips
Someday we'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call us and we will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and we'll pray,

"I want to fall in love with You"

It seems too easy to call you "Savior",
Not close enough to call you "God"
So as I sit and think of words I can mention
to show my devotion

"I want to fall in love with You"

"my heart beats for You"


Salvation should be nothing less than you and I falling in love with Jesus. When I heard the song this morning, I caught a vision of a little girls life. I saw her thrust herself into the arms of Jesus. The same for the people inside the church walls. Once they got the understanding of what was being preached, they pressed into the Savior. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "This is what it's all about."

Folks, in case you haven't come to this understanding let me help. God wants our affection. He created us to have a relationship with Him. This relationship should consist of more than just our making Jesus our Savior, going to church on Sunday, and putting some money in a plate. We are to thrust ourselves upon the mercy of the Savior and give Him everything that we have. The greatest commandment, according to Jesus, is to "love the Lord your God with all your heart..." Does this idea sound similar to your experience? Did you fall in love with Jesus?

As I was humbled in the vision before me, I couldn't help but think about Mary anointing the feet of Jesus. None of us really know if she struggled with her decision. We are not told if she stood outside the house and said, "Should I do it or not?" What we do know is that she entered the home where Jesus was, broke open an alabaster box, anointed the head and feet of Jesus, and then proceeded to kiss his feet and wipe them off with her hair. While the thought of this causes most of us to turn our heads (just as it did everyone else at the table), we need how Jesus blessed this woman for her act of love.

Do I love Jesus enough to humiliate myself for His glory?
Do I love Him enough to become extravagant in my affection?
Do I love God enough to submit to His commands and live out His teachings?
Do I love Him enough to love the brethren?
Do I love Jesus enough to share Him with others?

This is the heart of salvation: We should fall in love with Jesus!!!

No comments: