Thursday, July 3, 2008

In the Mix

Hello to all the PBC Voice faithful. WOW - I cannot believe how difficult it's been to back into the mix since my trip. As many of you know we recently moved our family. The move has hindered me in taking care of the blog the way I was used to doing it because I don't have DSL at home right now. But rest assured that next week I hope to get back to some normalcy (at least posting something Tues. - Fri.).

I am still in awe over the Alaska trip and it has nothing to do with the beauty of the state. No, I'm in awe over how we witnessed God at work in and through our team. With a team of 9 I was the only "mission trip veteran", so I wasn't sure what to expect from the "rookies". Needless to say - I was impressed by their ability to be flexible and usable. Not only that, but the ability of our group to form relationships with the young people in Kotzebue was amazing. The pastor was amazed at how well the group of kids at VBS were willing to get close to us. It was God!

By the end of the week we saw 8 saved in VBS, 3 saved through basketball clinic, 1 saved on the airplane ride back to Anchorage, and 1 saved in the airport terminal in Anchorage. That's right - 13 people accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior!

I thank God that He gave me the opportunity to fulfill a dream. Praying about this trip for 2 years waiting on God to show me where and how gave me a heart to go. Being there gave me a heart to go back.

I'm grateful to be the pastor of a church that recognizes the importance of going on missions and not just giving to missions. This next week there will be a team leaving for Ukraine (already our 3rd mission trip of the year) and our church only has about 130 members. In all we will see 20 new faces going on missions.

If you could go, where would you go? God has blessed us in this country to have the opportunity to board a plane, bus, train, or church van and go anywhere we wish to impact His kingdom. Don't be one of those who sits on the sidelines saying, "If I only had..." Friends it's not a matter of how...it's a matter of when.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: