Friday, May 8, 2015

Freedom Awaits

I came across a favorite quote this morning: Rise and rise until lambs become lions.
I cannot help but think that someone needs to be reminded that true freedom awaits.

This particular quote came from the latest Robin Hood movie. A statement that was etched in stone by Robin's father. A reminder that the fight for liberty should never be relinquished. The cause of freedom should never be put aside. There is too much at stake for use to give in now. This journey we have been on doesn't end because we feel a little bit of freedom. We can never be satisfied until the whole of who we are has done away with any and all bondage. Rise and rise again. I see a lion coming forth.

You want to read the entire poem?

Take Every Stone
The Bigots of This World
Cast Against You,
And Use Them
To Build My Church
In This World.
And when they seek
to oppress you
And when they try
to destroy you,
Rise and Rise again
and again
Like The Phoenix
from the ashes
Until the Lambs
have become Lions
and the Rule of Darkness
is no more.


What a powerful poem! I cannot say that it is "Christian" in its roots, but that shouldn't keep us from appreciating the message.

What the world throws against us can become weapons, or they can become the materials we use to build something greater. The choice is ours. What we do with the hand that we have been dealt, how we handle the wounds of our past, and the way in which we overcome the trials of life can bring defeat or can bring about an incredible victory.

Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
A lion cannot come out of a lamb unless a lion is already on the inside. Just some food for thought. There is more in you than your realize.

It's quotes like this one that remind me of my role as a Father, a Husband, and as a Pastor. I feel as though I have a duty to bring people into the same freedom that I experience. The freedom of a son. The freedom that comes from knowing my identity. A freedom that is not bound in the chains of religion. A freedom to truly be everything that the Father created me to be.

I will rise and rise again. The lion in me is lunging forward as I speak. Freedom awaits.

No comments: