Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's Nice to be Reminded

Lamentations 3:22-23, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

Over the last few days there has been a line from a certain song that has continually run through my mind. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or what I'm going through - it has been the Lord's way of reminding me of His goodness in my life. I just keep hearing "The steadfast love of the Lord is spinning around all over us."

Jeremiah's writings adequately titled "Lamentations" puts us into the mind of the prophet as he is seeing Israel going into exile. The separation from their homeland, the absence of the temple, and the feeling of being so far removed from God come out so freely as Jeremiah laments the difficulties that they face. However, in the midst of these trials and tribulations, Jeremiah is reminded of something so wonderful that you could almost change the name of the book.

It's nice to be reminded of just how loved we really are. Regardless of what we have done or what we are going through, God is relentless in His love for us. I realize that statements like this make some people cringe but I don't understand how we read about the Good News of the Gospel and not jump to our feet in sheer excitement over all that God has done through His love.

John 3:16, "For God so LOVED..."
Romans 5:8, "God demonstrated His LOVE..."
Romans 8:37-39 tells us about the things that can never separate us from the "LOVE of God which is in Christ Jesus"
Galatians 2:20, "...the Son of God who LOVED me and gave Himself for me."
The Scriptures go on and on.

I want you to rejoice today. I want you to see yourself as someone who is unconditionally loved by our Heavenly Father. I mean...He even put His Spirit inside of you JUST SO YOU COULD BE REMINDED!!!

May you be blessed with this understanding.
May you grow in the knowledge & experience of Ephesians 3:16-19:
"I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

No comments: