Thursday, September 1, 2011

God's Kindness & My Repentance


According to Romans 2:4, God's kindness is what leads us to repentance. A verse which continues to overwhelm me to this day. It's because of the gratitude I feel that I do not want to "despise the riches of His kindness, restraint, or patience." I want everyone to experience His kindness.

If we don't share the Gospel out of His love and kindness then how are we going to share?
Will we shame people?
What about condemnation?
I know...judgement. Right?
Truth is folks that our message of good news falls way short if we cannot bring people into an encounter with His kindness. It is the kindness of God that leads us to repentance.

People need to understand that God has not grown tired of them. They need to know that He is patient, not willing that any should perish but wants everyone to come to repentance. If they could just understand all that He has done for them. If they could see God not only as their Creator but their Redeemer as well. If they could see Him as the God who loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son. If they could encounter a God who doesn't' want to condemn them. Do you believe it's possible?

When you and I walk in the love of God then this is possible. God's kindness led me to repentance. It allowed me to see that the wages of sin was death but the gift of God was eternal life. It brought me to a place where I could agree with His way of life. And to a place where I would change my mind about my own way.

Do you know somebody who needs to change their mind? Maybe you have talked to them about God. Maybe you have even shared the message of the Cross. But have they experienced the kindness of God through you? I want you to imagine the lives that were touched by Jesus when He was on the earth. They came into a physical encounter with the love of God. Can we offer the world anything less? Fill up on the love that God has for you and then release it on someone else. Remember...it's God's kindness that will lead them to repentance as well.

No comments: