Friday, October 29, 2010

Stress Free Living


Happy Friday everyone!!! Glad to be back and share some encouragement with you. This has been a wonderful week of refreshment. It's amazing what a little time away helps to bring focus in a lot of areas.

In case you are wondering, I was in South Carolina Monday - Wednesday. The last 3 years I have been able to do some hunting in Ehrhardt thanks to some farmers that do business with my in-laws. So...instead of blogging, I was spending time in a deer stand. Enjoyed a lot of time watching wildlife, enjoying time with my Heavenly Father, and being still.

Have you ever considered what life is like when there is no stress?
Spiritually
Mentally
Physically
Emotionally
Everything is better without stress!


What God continually teaches me is that I don't have to "get away" to live without stress. Scripture tells us: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7). God doesn't want you to live a life of anxiety.

Hear the Word:
"Be anxious for nothing..." - Do not be troubled with cares. It's a command!
"...but in everything..." - YES, EVERYTHING!!!
"...by prayer and supplication..." - This is you transferring your cares over to God.
"...with thanksgiving..." - Have an attitude of gratitude.
"...let your requests be made known to God..." - Quit keeping them to yourself.
"...and the peace of God..." - Sounds good doesn't it?
"...which surpasses all understanding..." It may not make sense but it works.
"...will guard your hearts and minds..." - No question here - WILL guard...
"...through Christ Jesus." - This is through your relationship with Christ.

This is the only way that we can hope to live stress free. Every time the "cares of this world" come upon you - give them to God. Jesus taught us in the parable of the sower that it is the cares of this world that choke the Word of God out of our lives. What typically happens to each of us is that we want to deal with everything that comes our way. We handle it...And what we often miss is the peace that God will give us if we would simply let Him be God.

While I am grateful for the times of "getting away", I'm also grateful for the times of giving away all my cares and concerns to my Heavenly Father. He truly is my Comfort, my Defense, and my High Tower. I will continue to trust in Him.

No comments: