Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Voters are Coming...

I went out early this morning with my daughter to vote in the presidential election. This was her first time voting. A special occasion that we were able to share together.

Turnout this morning looked to be poised for a record breaking day. I saw people that I normally don't see heading to the ballot box. A reminder of how fortunate we are to live in a country where "We The People" get to decide who governs us. WE get to decide the direction of our nation. WE choose who represents us. WE - in order to form a more perfect union - MATTER. I never like to think of an election as one group cancelling out the voice of another group. I choose to view every election as an opportunity for each individual to voice their opinion. To vote their conscience. To take part in a representative republic.

In such a divisive political climate I choose to believe that what I saw this morning was a group of people who are fed up with the direction of this nation. Even if our little dot on the map is just a small percentage of this nation's population. Every vote matters...Right? I don't care which side of aisle you choose to stand on or if you are more of a middle of the aisle person, this election has allowed us to see the corruption in each party. It has shown us that the powers that be don't like the idea of losing that power. I can honestly say that since I have been able to be a part of this process that this election season has proven to be the most chaotic. The most divisive. The most shocking. And in many ways it has shown that there is much work still needed to be done for us to be the UNITED States of America.

The voters are coming! Those who have voted for decades and those who are voting for the first time. Hopefully, by the end of this day we will have an answer to what the voice of the American people has spoken. And in the end, regardless of how this election goes, the real work begins.

Personally...I voted for three things that I believe are needed for the security and prosperity of any nation.
BORDERS
LANGUAGE
CULTURE
We The People need secure and definite borders.
We The People have the right to a common language.
We The People have the right to a culture that reflects American Values and Ideals.

In closing, allow me to say this to each and every person who will hear. This election will not hinder the Kingdom of God. He is still at work among us and will continue to be. Each and every time His children respond to His voice we see more and more of this Kingdom manifesting itself. May God continue to bless America - Continue to shed His Grace upon us - Continue to grant peace and protection to her people.

No comments: