Thursday, September 1, 2016

Christ...FOR US!

Good Morning Everyone! Due to a death in the family I have not been able to focus on writing as normal. I did want to stop in today to share a thought I had the other morning. I pray the Lord continues to bless you and that you continue to experience His abundant life in fullness.

Wednesday of last week my wife and I, along with her brother, went down to South Carolina to pack up some belongings of a family member that was moving back to Virginia. As I was going through all of the books, much of which was commentaries on the Bible and other Christian writings, a book title caught my attention. This was a book that my wife's grandfather picked up in 1970. A book written by John A. Phillips. The title: "Christ for Us in the Theology of Dietrich Bonhoeffer." Of course I had to bring it home.

The book has been sitting on the edge of my desk for the last week. I have picked it up from time to time to read through its contents. What has captured my attention is the title. Over and over again I cannot escape these words. "Christ for Us." I guess I have been taken back by what seems to be the surprise in the title. "Christ for us" should not be the exception in our understanding. It should be the norm. It should be the norm in the theology that each of us carry. An understanding of the Father that does not waver. A faith that is deeply entrenched in the goodness of God in full display in Jesus.

What else does the Father have to do to get our attention? Does the Bible not declare that "while we were yet sinners Christ died for us"? What should be one of the most simple understandings of God has been polluted by our misconceptions. Jesus is for us. Has been. Is. Always will be.

I will leave you with another verse of Scripture that I pray permeates your spirit. Be encouraged. "He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32 Do you hear that? Christ...FOR US!!!

Enjoy the journey!

No comments: