Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wishing You All A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well folks, the time is upon us once again. Time to turn the calendar in anticipation of all that this New Year will bring.

The challenge that I shared with my PBC Family on Sunday, I would like to share with you: In this New Year I ask that you resolve to "Be still and know that He is God."

Our New Year celebrations tend to bring with them resolutions to do better in some area of life. Many resolve to lose weight, reduce debt, start something new, chase their dreams, etc. My challenge is quite different. To be still means to stop striving. It's a challenge to cease from the labor so that we may see what God can do. One of the greatest lessons that I have learned over the past year is the one of rest.

As a child of God I am learning to rest...
In His Unconditional Love
In His Abundant Grace
In His Unending Mercy
In His Heart for Me
In His Indescribable Goodness

All of these things (and many more) bring with them the wonderful opportunity to know the nature of God and to discover my identity in Him. While I am all for improving myself, I'm understanding the importance of being. Resting in Him allows me to be. Then all of my doing will come from that place.

In this New Year, I challenge you not to do more but to rest in Him more. As you learn to rest in Him then all of your doing will flow from your identity in Him. What you will discover is the wonderful truth that comes from security in Him. When you are secure in your relationship then you are free to be yourself. When you are secure in His love then you are free to love as He does. When you are secure in His grace then you will discover the ability to do all that this life opens up for you.

May 2014 bring with it the amazing revelation of who God is for you and of who you are in Him. Many blessings to you all.

See you next year!!!

No comments: