Tuesday, September 17, 2013

God is Faithful...

Deuteronomy 7:9, "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations"

God is faithful.

Part of me wants to stop right there and just allow you to focus upon those three words. They are simple, maybe even a little too cliché for some people, but incredibly true.

As a part of your thought process today, I want you to reflect upon the faithfulness of God. I don't want you to consider whether or not He operated on your timetable. I'm not asking you if He showed up exactly the way you thought He would. I simply want you to meditate upon His faithfulness and allow it permeate your heart.

As I think about the last 22 years as a devoted follower of Christ, I'm amazed at all He has done. In fact, I can see His faithfulness through my entire life. He has always been faithful in His love. He has always been faithful to speak. He has always been faithful to act.

Faithfulness isn't something that God does. It's who He is.

It doesn't matter what season you may find yourself.
It doesn't matter if it looks like the walls are closing in around you.
It doesn't matter if everything is going your way.
WHATEVER GOD HAS SPOKEN TO YOU - HE WILL PERFORM!!!

Don't lose heart. Don't allow your circumstances to speak louder than His promises. Don't allow negativity to creep into your thought process. Hold to this incredible truth: HE IS FAITHFUL!!!

No comments: