Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks


Aaahhh...the week of Thanksgiving! This is one of my favorite times of the year. I'm thankful for all that God has done in my life, all that He has allowed me to be a part of, and all of His incredible blessings. Hope you don't mind, but I posted a picture from my recent trip to New Mexico as one of the things for which I am truly thankful.

God's Word teaches us the importance of one generation declaring the praises of God over the next. This isn't that difficult when we learn to live a lifestyle of thanksgiving. I want my children to hear continual praises come from my mouth. I want them to see me operate from a heart of thanksgiving. In this way, they will be able to recognize God's goodness in every part of life. Psalm 145:7 says, "They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness." I want this verse to speak about my life.

I am truly thankful for my life. God's blessings upon my family continue to increase. He continually gives me favor, overwhelms me with His unconditional love, and sustains me through His abundant grace and mercy.

I'm thankful for 16 years of marriage to an amazing woman of God.
I'm thankful for 2 healthy and beautiful children.
I'm thankful for the PBC Family who have allowed me to share my heart with them over these past 10 years.
I'm thankful for the PBC Team that I work alongside of every day.
I'm thankful for the harvesting of a mule deer this year in New Mexico.
I'm thankful for the turkey that I see marching across the field outside my study window.
I'm thankful for my health, God's prosperity over my life, and the journey that He has taken my own over the past year.
I'm thankful for the revelation of who I am in Christ.
I'm thankful for the Word of God that continues to teach me of God's goodness.
I'm thankful!!!

PBC will be having our annual Thanksgiving Eve Service - Tonight - 7:00pm.
This is one of the most intimate services we hold throughout the whole year. It's a time of giving thanks, worship, and sharing in the Lord's Supper. I hope you can join us.

Take some time today to consider all that you have to be thankful for in life. Make thanksgiving a lifestyle rather than just letting sit on the calendar for one day out of the year. Declare His praises over another generation.

May the Lord's greatest blessings be yours. ~ Neal

No comments: