Wednesday, July 13, 2011

If it Ain't Broke...


My Dad always had a saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It's a simple phrase but very helpful. It always kept us from wasting time, energy, and resources. This same proverb is also helpful as we consider the new covenant we have under Jesus - it doesn't need fixing!

When Paul wrote the Galatian Church, he was attempting to ensure the believers that the Gospel of Grace that he was preaching was enough. The Old Covenant has been replaced. It was broke...not because God had failed but because the human race could never maintain all that was necessary to make it work. God in His wisdom ensured that a covenant would be put in place that could NOT be broken.

The problem that arose with the Galatians came through teachers that tried to implement the law under a covenant of grace. Some may wonder why this would be a problem. Well...
#1 - It places all the emphasis on what we do rather than what Christ has accomplished.
#2 - It's unnecessary. The New Covenant is superior in every way.
#3 - To operate under two covenants is like witchcraft (according to Paul)
#4 - To try and keep the law is to fall from grace.
#5 - Without the grace of God, we are unable to live the life that God has planned for us.

This problem is still prevalent in the church of today. We have struggled to understand the grace of God as His ability at work in our lives. We continue to doubt the unconditional love of God. AND we haven't been taught how to establish our hearts in righteousness. All of my Christian life has been spent trying to STAY righteous. I put all of the emphasis on what I did or did not do. I was operating much like the Galatians. It wasn't until I learned how to properly appropriate the grace of God that I discovered the joy of resting in God's grace.

Here are some keys to help you:
> Read the book of Galatians.
> Allow God's definition of who you are to define you.
> Learn how to establish your heart in righteousness. This is a simple step of confessing God's word about you until your heart lines up with it.
> Enjoy the relationship. God loves you - go ahead and enjoy it.
> Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of flesh.

*I realize that much of this information is what I have been sharing with you over the past year. However, we have to get this. The world has yet to see a full manifestation of God's people who learn to walk in their inheritance. We have missed out on the authority that Christ passed on to us. The church has operated like paupers instead of princes/princesses in the earth. The time for that to stop is NOW.

Praying that you come to the full understanding of who you are in Jesus.
Be blessed!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please for humanity's sake please do it once
I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

What you have to do is follow these simple steps

1.go to my blogger profile and visit my blog "Kwotz - Golden Words of Life"
2.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
3. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from ADChoices boxes and visit there.
4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.


Note: Only ONE click is needed. If you don't wanna help then just visit my blog.
I will be grateful to you if you put my blog on your Blogroll.
I really need your help